As Crossbeam scales, our Cybersecurity team is growing and maturing to meet the needs of the business. We’re looking for someone who is excited to get down in the weeds solving unique engineering problems that might change from day to day. This is the right role for you if you enjoy seeing a project from an idea on a slide to launch in production and you’ve got a passion for enabling a high-growth company to scale in the most secure way possible while remaining focused on the strategic priorities of the business. This is not a people manager role. This role reports directly to our CISO, Chris Castaldo.
- Hand-on engineering implementing tools, configurations and solutions.
- Participate in nearly every aspect of cybersecurity.
- Be technically hands on in cybersecurity projects and processes from start to finish.
- Implement changes via Terraform in AWS.
- Work on new technologies you may have never used before and clear aspects of the business you haven’t had the chance to solve problems for.
- Lead and manage incidents from start to RCA.
- Manage penetration tests and work with applicable business partners to resolve issues.
- Provide expert vision and advice to the business on cybersecurity investments.
- Identify and remediate gaps in cybersecurity controls.
- Manage relationships with critical cybersecurity vendors, help develop and implement short and long term strategies to enable the business to grow rapidly.
These are some of your traits:
- You have experience building parts of cybersecurity programs.
- You have experience managing vendor relationships.
- You have experience or knowledge in Terraform.
- You hold a strong knowledge of IT functions.
- You have knowledge of modern EDRs such as Uptycs.
- You have experience using AWS or GCP and how that relates to SaaS/IaaS.
- You’ve worked in incident management (cyber is a must, IT would be great too).
- You understand CD/CI security controls such as Gitlab .
- You’ve worked with various cloud infrastructure security controls (we use AWS).
- You have experience with security controls in tools such as Google Workspace, Slack, Salesforce etc.
- You have some experience with Python or are willing to learn it.
- You have experience with one or all of the following (Symmetry Systems DataGuard, Uptycs, Tenable, Automox, Axonius, Obsidian Security, SafeBase, Tines) or similar competing products.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have a point of view, but can “disagree and commit” once a final decision is reached.
- You have a great bedside manner.
- You just read this whole list and got more excited than concerned.
We go through the same interview steps for all Senior Cybersecurity Engineer candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it‘s like to be a team member at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration
- Crossbeam in-house recruiter call
- 45 Minute call with CISO
- 1 hour ‘Scenario Screen’
- Final Interviews
- 45 minutes with CISO
- 30 minutes with IT Ops Manager
- 30 minutes with CTO
- Built-in 15-minute breaks for you and us!
This is a salaried* role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
- Learning & Development Budget
- Remote Work Options
*Residents of Colorado: There is a minimum salary of $150,000 plus equity and benefits for this position. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health, dental, vision, 401k+ Match, flex PTO, parental leave, & fully remote work. Salary for this role may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.